Are you forgetting your copywriting POV? Wednesday July 18, 2012
It’s a good to see that many companies are clear about finding their copywriting TOV (Tone of Voice). But when it comes to POV (Point of View), there’s still often something missing.
Building your POV to build business
The Marketing article mentions the value of content – and the fact that companies still focus on selling themselves, instead of creating a compelling point of view.
This is certainly something I encounter regularly in my copywriting work with businesses. They are keen to sell themselves creatively, but overlook the need to develop a distinctive viewpoint.
Five ideas for creating your copywriting POV
So what’s the key to a successful copywriting POV? Here are just a few ideas:
1. Fit the bill: Find a sustainable point of view that is adaptable across different channels and content formats.
2. Match your values: Build your POV around your company’s values – and your value to your customer.
3. Find your voice: Create a voice to match your POV (back to TOV again).
4. Don’t forget the sale: Ultimately your content is about having an impact and growing sales. So stay strategic in linking your copywriting POV with how you want to sell your business.
5. Stay fresh: Keep your POV fresh, relevant and unique to you.
Camilla Zajac, Green Light Copywriting, July 2012
Comments are turned off for this article.