Copywriting? Leave it out Thursday January 31, 2013
Copywriting is about the art of deleting as well the process of writing.
It’s where you decide what is important – and what really isn’t.
I’ve written here many times that less is definitely more in business content.
That means knowing what you can leave out and focusing on what makes the most interesting story. It means asking what’s really relevant to your format, brand and audience. And only including that.
Because while copywriting may appear to be about what you say, it’s actually more about what you don’t say.
P.S If you’d like to do more with less in your own copywriting, just let me know.
- Take a peek at my Pinterest page!
- Which words matter to you? The Green Light Copywriting video is now live!
- What's the best way to communicate in a changing world?
- 4 ways to get the best from your copywriter
- Why these myths about copywriting are bad for business
- No, copywriting really isn't just about good spelling