Copywriting - what's the story? Monday July 14, 2008
Once upon a time…
It’s the oldest opening gambit in the book, guaranteed to make your audience sit up and listen. Stories enchant, inspire and influence. This magic is what effective copywriting is all about. Step back and take a look – what are the big ideas behind the detail? How can the content be turned around to highlight the interesting tale? Where has a company come from, where is it going and how does this make it distinct from others? A recent example is some work I did for a windows and doors manufacturer. I turned factual information inside out to write engaging stories about the products and the advantages they bring to customers.
A story. Just a beginning, middle and end. But partnered with creativity, information can become something truly powerful.
- 20 danger points to avoid in copywriting for innovation
- 7 copywriting insights for business from 2018
- Which words matter to you? Watch the Green Light Copywriting video
- What's the best way to communicate in a changing world?
- 4 ways to get the best from your copywriter
- Smile! Why personality counts in content