The 100-word blog post: Copywriting's first job Sunday June 12, 2016
The thing we all look for when we meet someone for the first time? I heard recently that it’s whether or not we can trust that person.
It’s the same with copywriting. That initial contact, whether it’s a blog post or brochure, is a company’s first (and often only) chance to win the trust of the reader.
Yes, copywriting is about selling and making a company memorable. But its first job should be to create and build trust. Because, without trust, all those other great things can’t happen. And your reader may never make the leap towards becoming your customer.
Camilla Zajac, Green Light Copywriting, June 2016
- 20 danger points to avoid in copywriting for innovation
- 7 copywriting insights for business from 2018
- Which words matter to you? Watch the Green Light Copywriting video
- What's the best way to communicate in a changing world?
- 4 ways to get the best from your copywriter
- Smile! Why personality counts in content